My Journey with God: a 40-day challenge that will change my life forever
40 days digital evangelism
SPUC Presidential, Communication, and TMI council
Presidents of missions, conferences, union, AWR, and the General Conference
Hope Channel studio; churches, homes
Studio - live-stream (quiz, music, and sermon - total: 1 hour)
Homes/churches - personal witness, friendship, worksheet, snacks (optional)
|Baptism Goal:||As the Lord of the Harvest provides.|
As a second serving of last year’s major digital evangelism project, MJWG - Season 2 is an administrative collaboration of all leaders and pastors to mobilize for missions the institutions, districts, churches, care groups, and members of the South Philippine Union Conference. The supplemental evangelism budget will be used to maximize the possibilities of digital witnessing within the territory and beyond. While Hope Channel South Philippines will host the 40 night bible study presentations by all 8 mission and conference presidents with the Adventist World Radio and General Conference presidents, every constituent will nurture seekers by inviting them to watch live-stream presentations and interact with the program content at the comfort of their homes. At the end of the journey, a union-wide mass baptism will usher new believers to the family of faith.
- Series of presentations are from the 28 fundamental beliefs (FB) and relevant with the current crisis, witnessing, and discipleship
- Every speaker will have 4 or 5 sermons and will deliver all presentations in successive nights with an allotted 30 minutes only per topic. If the topic requires more time to cover the whole theme, it can be presented in two or three nights.
- As FB algorithm and audience response are sensitive with interactive content, it is ideal that presentations and programs be streamed live. In case of travel restrictions for speakers, exemption will apply.
- The program runs from October 10 to November 20, 2021.
- Mass baptism will be on November 20, 2021.
Contrary to popular idea that digital evangelism is merely broadcast and could not be correlated with concrete conversions, this project facilitates discipleship, gives way to spirit-filled lay witnessing, and therefore draws baptisms. The committee commissioned by the union to coordinate with this evangelism project devices plans with the military warfare analogy in mind: Results of evangelism over social media broadcast (airstrike casualty) had to be validated by actual contact of lay members (ground attack) who will distribute the series lesson materials, give follow up Bible studies, and encourage decisions for baptisms wherever they are. The main goal is not the number of baptisms but the number of invites, working small groups, and sites.
To have an access to videos and downloadable materials:
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.