Stewardship is the lifestyle of one who accepts Christ’s lordship and walks in partnership with God, acting as His agent in managing His affairs on earth.
The department of Stewardship assists administration in accomplishing the mission of the church through leadership training and the education of the church members in stewardship principles. More specifically, the purpose of the department of Stewardship is to aid in the integration of the faith walk with God into every area of life-individually and corporately.
Mission of the Stewardship Department
- To emphasize the lordship of Jesus Christ
- To enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle
- To encourage faithful stewardship and to facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership with God.
Vision of the Stewardship Department
- To acknowledge and facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of faithfulness to God.
- Areas of Emphasis in order to fulfill the Mission and Vision of this department
- Spiritual Renewal – must form the foundation of Stewardship thrust. Since stewardship involves the entire person living in a growing partner with God, any strategy must build on spiritual renewal. The Department will encourage and foster materials to aid in the spiritual growth of individuals as well as the corporate body.
- Organization Renewal – is also an important area of emphasis for the department. Confidence in leadership and the church structure has a direct impact on individual stewardship.
- Personal Life Management – Stewardship must be integrated into every area of life. Thus personal and total life management are areas which the department of stewardship seeks to strengthen the resource.
- Christian Money Management – People’s use of money is a reflection of their walk with God. Thus, the biblical principles of money management are an important part of integrating the lordship of Christ into this critical area of life. The department of stewardship will continue to develop materials to help in the area of biblical principles for management.
- Seventh-day Adventist Financial Support Plan – The department of Stewardship will continue to assist the administration in tithe and offering education through materials to support the implementation of the Seventh-day Adventist Financial Plan, including the One Offering Plan.
Responsibilities of Stewardship Department
The department of Stewardship is in charge with the following responsibilities to the administration:
- Initiate strategic planning
- Train the Mission and Conference stewardship departmental leadership in the principles of and practices, as well as teaching and training methods.
- Coordinate the stewardship Certification for training directors, pastors, and local church leaders in consultation with missions and conferences, including certification curriculum.
- Prepare education materials annually, including materials on the usage of tithe and offerings.
- Participate with the church leadership in developing strategic objectives, goals, plans, and budgets to advance the mission of the church.